SEO Consultants act pretty much in the same way that consultants work in the rest of business today. They generally provide information to assist companies in specific area where the company’s knowledge is not so strong.
Generally free advice can be given as a method of engagement, the consultant’s time will be used to help define what the client requires with information overload or technical detail which will bore the client.
Most of the techniques SEO consultants use are discussed in this sites blog and in the most part deliver what the client expects. The key part of delivey is managing client expectation.
Any SEO consultant should offer an insight at the top level, but perhaps more important is the ability to do so in a way that makes the recommendations relevant to your business as the SEO consultant has the clients brand in his hands.
By way of a short list and to demonstrate some of the key points I have put a list together of things to look for:
• Be aware of sales staff that have are not familiar of the delivery cycle for SEO to achieve a good quality SEO campaign the consultant knows it is one of balance however, it is generally common sense.
• Check to see if any Google page one campaign have been successful for the client - if that was what was wanted, especially for difficult chosen keywords . SEO Services Now - [sales banter mode off] have achieved that and are willing to provide the contact and references to back this up – also when vetting a SEO consultant ask them how long it took to achieve their activity .
• Ask for free information, Good SEO consultants should be happy to do this but it will be only a part of what is needed to be done.
• Don’t be scared to ask difficult or searching questions as a good SEO consultant can answer them in plain English.Ask what they do to achieve the goals.
• Check for competition in that arena -compare SEO consultant prices – some are very expensive.
• Aim for contracts that are less than a year or that are performance or service related also include termination for non-performance, look to include non-competitive clauses too.
• Above all check the chosen partner thoroughly, this process is a long term strategy – this is not a one off agreement and you should steer clear of any SEO consultant that suggests otherwise.
This service is results based and easy to measure any creditable SEO consultant should bring the expected results, the difficulty is finding that person in the first instance.
SEO Services Now the best place to find your best and most keenly priced seo consultant.
Sunday, July 3, 2011
Why would you use an SEO Consultant?
Labels: blog, business consultant, business consultants, business today, client expectation, consultants work, consultation period, delivey, disinterest, free advice, inducement, information overload, search engine positioning, SEO, technical detail, technical jargon